Statement of Intent
The Grove Medical Centre is a well-established GP surgery that was purpose built in 1985 and is practice owned, with on-site parking. Our premises are modern with special consideration for the disabled, including parking access and internal facilities. We are a GMS practice and our practice area covers Egham, Virginia Water, Englefield Green and some parts of Staines-on-Thames. Our 14519 service users comprise the whole population, all ages, all medical conditions and disabilities.
Below is the most up to date register showing how the practice register is divided by sex.
|Parent Population: Age Sex Register||Last Run: 20-Feb-2019|
Below is the most up to date register showing how the practice register is divided by age.
The Regulated Activities Under CQC
The following registered activities and service types have been agreed by the partners in accordance with CQC guidance.
- Diagnostic and screening procedures.
- Family planning.
- Maternity and midwifery services.
- Surgical procedures.
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
Our Aims And Objectives For Delivering Each Of The Above Regulated Activities
Under the health and social care act 2008 (The care quality commission (registration) regulations 2009 Part 4) the registering body (The Grove Medical Centre), is required to provide the care quality commission a statement of purpose.
- To ensure a high quality, safe and effective service and environment.
- To provide monitored, audited and continually improving healthcare services.
- To provide healthcare which is available to a whole population and create a partnership between patient and health profession which ensures mutual respect, holistic care and continuous learning and training.
- To provide accessible healthcare which is proactive to healthcare changes, efficiency and innovation and development.
- To improve clinical governance and evidence based practice.
- To improve clinical and non clinical risk management.
- To reduce risk in specific clinical risk areas and facilities.
- To improve environment.
- To improve vigilance for unforeseen emergencies.
- To optimise performance against key targets and core standards.
- To meet key targets.
- To become a patient centred organisation.
- To safeguard both children and vulnerable adults by ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training.
- To improve services offered to patients.
- To improve communication between the surgery and the patients.
- To recruit, retain and develop a highly motivated and appropriately skilled workforce.
- To enhance performance of the workforce.
- To guide the employees in accordance with the equalities scheme.
- To continue the development of the practice
- To ensure effective management and governance systems are in place.
- To ensure a robust information technology strategy is utilised to support the business of the Grove Medical Centre.
The Services Provided By The Grove Medical Centre
- Routine medical checks and general medical services.
- NHS relevant prescriptions and medications or a private prescription can be issued.
- Immunisations: childhood immunisations/foreign travel immunisations.
- Health protection preventative immunisations, e.g. influenza, pneumoccocal.
- Lifestyle management, weight loss/exercise and smoking cessation advice for patients who want to lose weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- Employee medicals – our GP’s are able to carry out medical reports and reviews.
- Respiratory – the Grove Medical Centre has facilities for lung function testing.
- Diabetic patients – The Grove Medical Centre provides ongoing care for our diabetic patients.
- Asthma patients – The Grove Medical Centre provides continual care for patients suffering with asthma.
- Carer’s group – Carole Stock is the carer’s coordinator.
- Family planning – Depo-provera injections and oral contraception available.
- Phlebotomy – The Grove Medical Centre offer blood tests every morning Monday – Friday.
- Midwifery – The community midwives hold 3 clinics per week at the Grove Medical Centre where they supervise antenatal care and undertake deliveries in hospital and at home where appropriate.
- Minor surgery – We offer a number of minor surgery procedures.
- Ear syringing – We have facilities for ear syringing.
- Wound dressing – Our nurses are trained in all aspects of wound care apart from 4 layer bandaging.
- 24 hour BP monitoring – We have a 24 hour ambulatory BP monitor and software.
- Cervical screening – Our practice nurses are qualified to carry out cervical screening tests in the form of a cervical smear.
- INR monitoring – We provide an in house service to our stable patients.
- High risk case reviews.
Our Practice Ethos
To strive towards a partnership between patients and health professionals based on the following:
We endeavour to treat all our patients with dignity, respect and honesty. Everyone at the Grove Medical Centre is committed to deliver an excellent service. We encourage patients to highlight any discrepancies and to offer the same commitment in return.
We treat patients and illnesses. This means that we are equally interested in the physical, psychological and social aspects of your individual care.
Continuity Of Care
Building and maintaining a strong relationship between doctors, health professionals and patients is essential to the way we work. This is especially so in the management of ongoing problems or long term illness. In these circumstances we encourage patients to see the same health professional and wherever possible we will facilitate this through our appointment system.
Learning And Training
We are a training practice and are committed to the training of our doctors and nurses. We believe in lifelong learning and all of our health professionals and administrative staff undergo an annual appraisal where the goals of the individual, teams and practice are discussed and an agreement on the way forward is reached.
Regular reviews act as a way of reinforcing effective performance, highlighting areas for improvement and recognising developing strengths. We also recognise the benefit of supported learning for our patients and families in enhancing your ability to manage and deal with both self-limiting and long term illnesses. We hold monthly clinical practice meetings for learning, sharing and continued professional
development and quarterly reception staff learning and development meetings. The Grove Medical practice believes in clinical supervision and life-long learning.